Charting the direction of companies at a crossroads
Park North Capital is a merchant bank focused on companies facing strategic decisions that impact capital structure. Park North provides solutions to stakeholders who need assistance with special or challenging situations. We add value by delivering capital as well as high-level financial and operating expertise. Our operating partners have a unique ability to transition into a business, thoughtfully understand its competencies, and quickly develop a team capable of succeeding in complex situations.
We invest our own capital and maintain relationships with PE funds, family offices, and other investors. This allows us to bring the right partner to the investment.
We focus on high potential companies with identifiable growth strategies that may have transition, short-term liquidity, or operational challenges. We have operational and financial backgrounds and we value managers who are committed to driving meaningful improvements and building long term value. We intend to strike the optimal balance between active support of the company and management autonomy.
- The people we partner with are critical to our interest level. We like to work with individuals with intelligence, tenacity, and resolve.
- We are personally engaged and committed to each investment, providing value beyond investment capital.
- We understand that all stakeholders in a company need to be heard and we strive to creatively resolve any conflicting interests.
- We have no required exit horizon; our investment period will be timed to maximize the value of the business.
As entrepreneurs ourselves, we appreciate the challenges that businesses experience during periods of growth or transition. We seek businesses that are at a strategic crossroads, neglected or underfunded by the current owner due to other priorities, dealing with generational transition issues, hitting an inflection point and need more sophisticated processes or partners to go to the next level, working with capital partners seeking relief or exit, or are scalable through the application of technology. Our investment criteria include:
- Targeted revenues under $100 million and EBITDA under $8 million.
- Significant profits are not necessary, but the companies we invest in must have a realistic path to profitability in the foreseeable future.
- Management capability to maximize new opportunities and to improve balance sheets.
- Opportunities to enhance long-term value through an articulated growth strategy and a defensible competitive advantage.
- Proven success in their industries.
Lighthouse Insurance Group (LIG) operates a national customer service center composed of licensed insurance agents who provide tailored solutions to individuals seeking health and life insurance.
Tri-County Maintenanceand Cleaning, LLC
Tri-County Maintenance and Cleaning provides nightly janitorial services to theatres and entertainment venues 365 days per year. The Company also offers ancillary services that are needed on a periodic basis, such as carpet cleaning, tile floor scrub, seat cleaning, high dusting, and pressure washing.
Woodhill Plating Company provides specialty metal coating services to customers operating in the plumbing, hardgoods, medical, marine, fastener, electronics, and lighting markets. The Company offers steel and brass plating services, including chrome and nickel plating, as well as polishing and buffing services on a variety of surfaces.
Our Principals have deep experience across a broad set of industries. We favor investments that leverage our talents in:
- Value-added services and distribution
- Financial services and insurance
- Consumer products
- Light manufacturing
1100 Superior Ave East Suite 1700
Cleveland, OH 44114
Telephone – 216.455.9985
Fax – 216.455.9986